Monday, December 6, 2010

The Bible

Through my journey of reading some of the most famous books of all time, the top book has to be the Bible. Not only is it historical, biographical, tragedy, and comedy in one volume, it is also (and most importantly) the words of God. My goal every year is to read it from cover to cover. And even though I've read it many times, there is always something new to learn, another truth to meditate on, another sin exposed, and another aspect of God's character to be thankful for. I love reading through the Old Testament and the Children of Israel. Not only because of the "stories" that I remember hearing in Sunday School, or the truths about God demonstrated through amazing miracles, but because I identify with the Israelites. In my journey through life, I have the same tendencies they did: self-dependency, lack of trust in Almighty God, stupidity, the list goes on and on. Their mistakes and failures give me hope. Hope that God will forgive me, continue to show grace and patience even though it takes me a while to learn a lesson. 
So why would want to read this book every year? It's about God. And as His child, I want to know everything about Him. It's a life-long process and one that I'm thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment